I don’t think I need to write this: I’m a daily makeup user. I love makeup. I love reading about it, thinking about it, applying it, and buying it. It may sound obsessive but it’s not because… me? I’m a little miser. I spend a lot of time thinking—Do I need this? What am I going to do with this? Where am I going to put it? This looks similar to…—about the thing(s) I want to buy before I buy it/them. Therefore I end up not buying many of the things I like or choose at first. This happens with e v e r y product I touch or desire.
Having said that, I want to make a series of posts about makeup because I always wanted to write about it. It’s silly—but a silliness that makes me happy. Today’s post consists of the products I use every day, my “basic” makeup routine. I want to keep a record of the products I love, just in case I change them and I want to go back to them at some point.
I choose you!
- Face primer: Sephora Ultra-Smoothing Primer
This is not my favorite primer but it does the job and it’s considerably cheap.
- Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation (Oil Free)
I’ve been using this foundation for over a year, and I love it!
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer with SPF 35
Cheap and works well. I want to try Dermablend though.
- Face Powder: Make Up For Ever Duo Mat
Another product I’ve been using since forever.
- Eyebrows: Urban Decay Backdoor eyeshadow and Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
The brow gel is everything!
- Eyeshadows: Wet N Wild Color Icon in Brulee and/or any of the eyeshadow shades from Tarte’s Amazon Escape palette and/or any of the shades from Urban Decay’s Smoked palette
Brulee is great because of the price ($1) and because it’s almost a dupe of Urban Decay’s Kinky eyeshadow. From the Tarte palette, my favorite eyeshadows are: Tame, Rope, and Camo; from the Urban Decay palette: Kinky, Barlust, Mushroom, Rockstar, and Loaded.
- Eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black or Physicians Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black
- Mascara: Lancome Hypnôse Drama or Too Faced Better Than Sex
- Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed and/or Jouer Mattifying Powder Bronzer in Sunswept (Oil Free)
- Lips: Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette or in Outlaw or Kat von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Oh My Goth
Gotta love matte lipstick but the shimmer of Oh My Goth is so beautiful!
As you can see, I like to use “heavy” makeup that I can apply lightly during this horrible months of temperatures from hell. The face primer is a key to hold everything in place because my nose is really oily. Also: I’m in love with liquid lipstick! It’s the only thing I want to wear on my lips.
Here’s a bonus picture of my Chihuahua, Elvira, for reading or scrolling ’til the end:
Can you see her little eyebrows? ❤