I was nominated by my sister, Yaya Morghulis!
Brief history of the Liebster Award:
The idea of the Liebster Award is to introduce newer blogs (with less than 200 Bloglovin’ Followers) to a wider audience, and give the bloggers a chance to share something about themselves.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers (on Bloglovin’) to answer your 11 questions.
- You can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
- Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.
1. Nombra 3 personajes de películas o series que se parezcan a ti en personalidad. / 3 series or movie characters that are like you.
Louise (Thelma and Louise, 1991): organized, uptight, cunning.
Lisbeth Salander (the Millennium trilogy, 2009): quick-witted, tough, defensive, smart, unconventional.
Lagertha (Vikings, 2013– ): tough, passionate, loyal.
2. Toma una foto de tu cuarto. / A picture of your room.
3. Un CD que te cambió la vida. / A music CD that changed your life.
Cruelty and the Beast by Cradle of Filth. I was in middle school (what was I? 12-13 years old?) when I first listened to this CD. If I remember well, I bought the two-disc special edition soon after… This CD accompanied me during those disgusting years of growing up. That’s something big.
4. Una película importante para ti. / An important movie to you.
Shaun of the Dead (2004). This film is more than a film to me; it’s a friend. It has been there for me during depressing times, and it ALWAYS makes me feel better. Besides, it introduced me to Simon Pegg, whom I adore, and it’s a zombie tribute (and a clever one).
5. Un guilty pleasure. / A guilty pleasure.
Even though I don’t plan to get married, I watched all the seasons of Say Yes to the Dress; some episodes while they were airing, others on Netflix, but I’ve watched them all. And if there’s a rerun, I watch them again.
6. Una cita. Explica porqué esa en particular. / A quote, and why?
“The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother’s milk. Darkness will make you strong.”
This quote is from A Dance with Dragons, the last published book from the A Song of Ice and Fire series. It’s said by the Three-Eyed Crow to Bran. To me, it’s a reminder to stay true to myself against everything and everyone while embracing the darkness—my darkness, my self.
7. Películas de horror: ¿qué te asusta al punto de no dejarte dormir? / Horror movies: what scares you to the point of not letting you sleep?
Nothing scares me more than ghosts, believable ghosts. They freak me out!
8. Hablemos de frutas: ¿qué fruta odias y cuás es tu favorita? / Fruit talk: which one you love and which one you hate?
I loathe papayas and bananas. I can’t stand them. Even the smell of papayas make me nauseous.
I love strawberries, cherries, granny smith apples, and green Anjou pears (ripen ones are too sweet and have a disgusting texture).
9. Disney Villains: ¿con cuál te identificas y por qué? / Disney Villains: which one do you identify with and why?
Maleficent from the 1959’s Sleeping Beauty. She’s everything I would love to be if I were a villain: fierce, powerful, with great makeup, and evil because of evilness’ sake!
10. Papa/potatoe _________. (fill the blank)
11. Enséñame algo que sea tu favorito. Example: This is mi favorite stapler. *picture* / A picture of a favorite something.
My favorite kitchen knife, and my favorite pen!
11 random facts about myself:
- It took me some time to accept myself when I gained weight.
- This year I started driving again after a long stop of five years.
- When I didn’t know what I wanted to do after I graduated from my BA, I considered jumping into makeup artistry.
- German and Russian are my top two favorite languages even though I can’t speak them.
- I want to move abroad sometime soon. Very soon, I hope.
- I feed and talk to a parakeet that my sister and I rescued. He/she now lives with us.
- I wish I knew how to draw, and to sew.
- I took drum lessons.
- I love to play Little Big Planet.
- I’m an observer. I don’t speak if I don’t have to.
- My current grad school major wasn’t my top choice. I wanted to major in film studies but it was too expensive for my budget because I had to move abroad and etcetera. Now, at this time of my life, I feel like I made the right choice not doing that at that time. I love what I’m studying, and I think I have a better job opportunity with it.
I don’t have anyone to nominee. I’m new at this blogging thing. 😀
Questions for the nominees: